Water is essential to a healthy, properly functioning body - and skin.
So the question is, how much of this goodness should we be drinking?
Take your weight, divide in half, and drink that many ounces of water per day.
That means if you weigh 140 lbs, you should be drinking 70 oz of water daily. For every additional ounce of another beverage you have, add an additional ounce of water. (Only herbal tea gets a pass for this rule.)
Why is water so important?
1. Approximately 60% of our body mass is made up of water, including tissues, cells, and organs (which includes the SKIN).
2. Water maintains the balance of body fluids, including functions such as digestion, absorption, circulation, and transportation of nutrients.
3. Water removes toxins and waste products from the body. Are you having acne breakouts?? This ones talking to you.
4. Dehydration causes the skin to look more dry and wrinkled. Is your skin dull and lifeless? This may be you!
5. Lack of water in the body can cause asthma, allergies, hypertension, migraines, and constipation.
6. Drinking water promotes the skins efficiency of regulating body temperature through perspiration.
7. Water provides the required oxygen for the brain to preform at optimum levels. An oxygen and nutrient rich brain is a happy brain. Happy brain, happy you.
8. Research shows dehydration can lead to a poor attitude. Your attitude is your life.
9. An assortment of components in the skin that support collagen require water to work effectively,
10. Water replenishes the skins tissues and increases elasticity. It is critical in maintaining the optimum moisture level and delivering essential nutrients to the skin cells.
Click here to check out our favorite water filter pitcher.